Pros: the quality is well built, rugged, manly look and not so bulky.
Cons: would been nice if it comes with a screen glass protection similar to otterbox defender series.
The product is not so bulky, the design makes it more appealling to me. its manly look and slick. I like the cut out on speaker. it doesnt cover the black screen on the side. its durable, I dropped my PB 3 times. The rubber that are located on four sides, really protects it. I just wish it came with a screen protector glass, similar to otterbox defender. Bought this baby when it was on sale for $29.99. I higly recomend it, one of a great must have accesories.
Great Case- Ultra Security to protect your Playbook!!
User: seaki nelson, Apr 18, 2012
Pros: All Around Security
Cons: Need more color selections and styles with the same protection
Love this case, I have dropped my playbook several times, and my playbook was still working fine withut a scare. I like to take my playbook with me everywhere, with my phone, appreciate the front case to hide and protect the glass, but also keeps the device hidden from thieves, as I run or walk around the city.
Rough and tough
User: Jan Tillisch, Aug 3, 2012
Pros: Simply to use, heavy duty operation
Cons: Doesnt fit in my cargo shorts pocket
Took some worry about the fear of falling when on the job site or just around town.
Does exactly what it says
User: Ken Ginsberg, Apr 30, 2012
Does an excellent job of protecting my Playbook. The screen cover locks into place so that it is safe and secure when carrying it around or traveling with it. Definitely worth the price. Well made.
Great protection and design!
User: Vicki Bitter, Apr 24, 2012
I was torn between this case and the OtterBox Defender case but went with this one for several reasons:
1) No built-in screen protector - everyone Ive met who uses the OtterBox case for PlayBook frequently has to touch or swipe the screen multiple times before the PlayBook responds. After testing their PlayBooks, in and out of the OtterBox case, it appears that the OtterBox built-in screen protector is causing the issue. I bought the ZAGG screen protector, which works flawlessly.
2) Lighter case - the Ballistic case isnt quite as heavy as the OtterBox and, as long as I remove the kickstand cover, I can still fit it into my leather PlayBook case with elastic holds at the corners.
3) Red & Black! - Im always bummed out when I see iFans and Fandroids who have hard cases in a myriad of different colors but the Blackberry cases only come in black. The Red/Black Ballistic case not only functions well but it adds a little spicy color as well!
I found two, minor down-sides to this case:
1) No covers for the ports on the bottom of the PlayBook or for the headphone jack.
2) The kickstand on the Ballistic case will only work in landscape mode. The OtterBox design will allow you to stand the PlayBook in landscape or portrait.